miércoles, octubre 19

Talk about dense!

I went to a bar for a drink on Tuesday night. No, I'm not an alcoholic I just wanted to get out of my house for a bit and talk to another person.

The spot we went to was pretty full and we were sat next to two couples that weren't really noticeable outside of the frazzled hair one of the girls had. You would have sworn she had been attacked with a leaf blower and hair crimper simultaneously.

I had a moment to myself when my friend got up to use the restroom. In that moment I was wondering what type of white-collar bar I was at since they were playing CNBC on a television. The worst part is that it was around 11 at night. I guess someone there was worried about their Japanese investments.

Either way the aforementioned group sitting nearest to my table caught my attention again when one of the guys kept saying "Tahoe" and the other guy at the table met each "Tahoe" with a "I think that's a great idea." From where I caught it this interchange probably went on back and forth about 5 or 6 times. Before I could turn to them and tell them to press the fucking clutch already and stop stalling the "frazzled one" spoke up. Her words were "I would never do that to you!" Obviously she was referencing an earlier statement that I didn't catch. As the table sat stunned and I watched out of the corner of my eye perplexed God answered my confusion as to why I had picked up on this conversation when she then said "I would never go on a trip with a bunch of my friends to South Beach without you."

After a couple Scooby-Doo influenced "arrrrrooooh's" that cemented my level of confusion way above normal I began to understand as she went on about how she went down there once with her friends some time ago and he had no idea what it was like. Well, his wingman at table did know and he felt no obligation to defend his pal and took her side when he inserted this comment- "Yeah, it's very sleazy."

Sleazy? South Beach is sleazy? That's news to me. Sure there are some shady characters roaming around that tourist trap but for the most part its just full of people who want to go out have a good time and head right back to their hotel or house. For the amount of traffic that South Beach gets it doesn't have all that much crime.

Now here's the best part. These white bread folk actually said something that bothered me more. They began listing ways that South Beach was sleazier than Las Vegas. So in case you were wondering they breed them here conservative and ignorant, double whammy!

I found it perplexing that these people had forgotten that Las Vegas has:
Legal Prostitution
Drive Through Wedding Chapels
Most Strip Clubs per Capita
and a slogan that suggests that you're going to do stuff there you can't really talk about when you get home b/c you'll be so ashamed the rest of your cracker friends will think your a perv.


The best part was that the frazzled one didn't say anything to the contrary. I guess this was b/c she didn't want her hombre going to South Beach in the first place. I did my best not to guffaw.



prostitution isn't legal in Las Vegas/Clark County or the county Lake Tahoe is in. Just the "cow countys" where there is little population  


If you can drive to and back from Las Vegas for free prositution then there is free prostituion in Las Vegas.  


Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates