miércoles, octubre 19

PSA #375

Most people think ipods are a great thing, myself included. Actually "revolutionary" would be a better adjective for the ipod. Just recently Apple debuted the new video ipod so now you can avoid looking at people while you avoid listening to them. The new ipod is getting a lot press and obviously people are starting to think that digital video will potentially be more popular than digital music.

I personally don't think I'll ever buy videos at the rate I buy music. There are very few television shows or movies that I can watch more than once. If I do watch a move more than once I usually need a long span of time in between the viewings. This is probably why I own 5 dvd's and not 50. I do see the benefit though of watching a movie or program whenever you want. What you do after you've watched it I don't know though. Those videos are going to have to be pretty cheap for me to buy it since I'm only going to watch it once. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not in Apple's target market.

With digital music its the same thing. Why would I buy an ipod that can fit 10,000 songs if each song is going to cost me a dollar. I don't see myself spending $10,000 on music anytime soon.

Here's the other problem I have with the digital music craze- you need headphones to listen to your music most of the time. My main reason against headphones is that they cause bacteria to grow in your ears 15 times faster than without them. This combined with the fact that music will be pounding on your ear drum at a pretty high decibel makes me think that the potential to go deaf is high.

If you have any teenage kids or know any you should let them know that they should become a Ear, Nose and Throat doctor when they grow up. The market for ear medicine is going to boom soon after the digital music boom is over. 15 times more bacteria means 15 times more chances to get an ear infection. That's just with headphones not those little ones you shove in your ears that come with most digital music players. The rate of bacteria has to grow as you shove vibrating baubles down your ear canal.

I don't know what's the solution to this bacteria problem but I do know anyone wanting to make money quick should start finding a way to kill the bacteria.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates