jueves, octubre 27

Music Machete On Location

The back of my hand still reads “BIG DOG” for three reasons; the first being that I went to go see My Morning Jacket last night. The other two are that I’m over 21 years of age and I don’t wash the back of my hand as thoroughly as I should (assuming I shouldn’t be at work with one hand named “BIG DOG”).

Like I mentioned in my review of their new album “Z” I had been looking forward to the concert for some time now. The concert didn’t disappoint and I feel as though I actually underestimated how much I would enjoy it. There is no denying it is the best concert I’ve been to in Cincinnati and that is saying a lot since I got to see Dredg (a band I like a heck of a lot), Matisyahu, and few other lesser known bands. Based on live music selection alone the move up to Cincinnati has been great for me since none of those aforementioned bands would have ever played in Miami.

I can’t say they played a song I didn’t like, but then again I don’t know of any of their songs that I don’t like. The jamming out was a bit short but fortunately still there and noticeable. The only bad part about the show were the two guys in front of me who wouldn’t stop talking and danced very strangely, like a nerdy grandfather making fun of the way nerds dance. There was a couple that barged into my personal space and tried to two step along with the music. Rest assured My Morning Jacket never wrote a note of their music with the intention of inducing two stepping. Thankfully my friend taught me a valuable lesson on a benefit of smoking- it gets rid of the people you don’t like standing around you.

All in all yesterday will stick in memory for a while and not just b/c I went to the MMJ concert. Earlier in the day I took part in the Halloween festivities my job had and I played the part of Oates from the music duo Hall & Oates. Thanks to some thrift store clothing, modified wig and a gnarly moustache I became John Oates and rocked the crowd with the killer bass line from “Maneater.” Sure I had to shake my ass for a bunch of strangers but I think the costume did a good job of disguising what I really look like. I made sure to walk around the different floors of the building acting liking an asshole rock star as opposed to the usual part I play of an asshole coworker.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates