viernes, octubre 7

Fight the System

Yeah I changed the name. I didn't like "Daily Lorenzo." I'm a little ashamed to see my name associated with this site. Actually I just didn't want my last name up there in hopes of seperating it from me. If you have a better idea for a title e-mail me to let me know. I'll make sure to tell you're wrong.

The actors being used in commercials are getting uglier. There’s no way around that fact. I mentioned it yesterday and received responses telling me how right I was to bring it up. I understand the need to convey reality in advertisements in order to fool a potential consumer but I think its time we cut the crap and admitted television is a visual medium that does not need to reflect the “reality” of people’s general ugliness. For the most part people are ugly. This makes better looking people more appreciated.

I don’t believe I’m saying anything new by claiming that most people are ugly. The majority of humans have something wrong with them, and many of those people carry around their “wrongness” on their face. Just take teeth into consideration. A snaggletooth, yellow teeth, missing teeth, green teeth, black gums, too much gums, crooked teeth, overlapping teeth; the list could go on forever and it still doesn’t compare to everything that could go wrong with your nose.

Now we’re getting somewhere. Perhaps the effortless thing to do is put ugly people in commercials since it so easy to find them. As always the easy way out is the wrong way and you end up losing on potential consumers as they shun their eyes from the fugly person on their screen. “Can you believe that subconsciously it makes me not want the product they are selling” - those are the words of someone I know who has been affected by the current wave of ugliness that is overtaking the airwaves. Speaking of airwaves, ugly people have their own form of media they could find employment in and it is called radio. Sure it isn’t as glamorous but what kind of world would we live in if we easily permitted ugly people to lead a glamorous life. You better have a hell of a lot of charm if you want to overcome that hook nose or lazy eye.

So go out and take a stand. Don’t let products ease on by with ugliness; demand to be convinced with beauty. Why would you want to buy a product that ugly people are using anyways? I know a lot of you are looking for a way to make a difference in this world, well here is your chance, and you don’t even need to be good looking to help. If you are ugly you can make the biggest difference by coming to terms with the fact that your acting career has no hope in a perfect world and you would only be playing a cruel joke on the world if you succeeded.

Have a great weekend, ugly or not.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates