martes, octubre 18

Double Dipping for Mela

Is it just me or is today the day when I talk about people I don't like.

I know I am double dipping here, writing two posts in one day, but my sister said my fan would appreciate it so I'm giving it a try.

Anyways, I wanted to bring up a situation that I found myself this past weekend. I was sitting in my living/dining/kitchen/romper room while some friends were over on Friday. We were doing the ol' pre-game shit shooting that usually occurs before a group goes out for the night when I felt the urge to admit something to someone I had only met once before. Maybe it was b/c we were all in my house that I felt this need to be honest but w/e the case I have no doubt that I could do nothing to resist saying this to her- "I don't want you to take this the wrong way but you really look like someone I know from back home that I really can't stand. Not that I can't stand you. I'm trying to give you a chance here but I just wanted to let you know that you've got that going against you."

At this point your saying "que fallo" or if I just met you in Cincinnati then your saying "what a mistake." Either way I think the general feeling would be not to say something like I did to someone you pretty much just met. Conventional wisdom would have you believe that what I did would just lead to awkwardness.

If it did lead to awkwardness I didn't notice it. Thankfully she just used it as a running joke the rest of the night. She would keep referring to things she was doing and ask if the person that I didn't like would do the same thing. It had a high laugh value for most of the night.

No doubt she thinks I'm a big weirdo now, but I seem unable to hold back any remark that would be classified as "too honest." So take my advice and let people know what they're up against when they remind you of someone you have disdain for. It will break the ice and you'll know right off the bat if that person is ultra defensive. No one wants to be friends with someone who is too defensive so you can thank me later when the quality of your friends increase thanks to yours truly.

I know someone is reading this back in Miami wondering who the person is that I can't stand, but I'm not telling b/c that would be dumber than trying to beat a fart out of a dead mule.

There you go two in one day.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates