miércoles, septiembre 7

Don't Call It A Comeback


Here I am, at work. New job, same old function- don't do much. Actually I am in training for a few weeks so it is very slow right about now. My job is writing reports that companies use to know how their product is selling or will sell throughout all of the U.S. I really don't want to get more into it, mainly b/c of how early it is in the whole process.

Today someone gave me a "Garbage Pail Kids" trading card. No, I did not go through a time warp on my way to the edge of the Midwest. My coworker collects them and thought it would be nice to give me and another coworker each a card. The actual kid on the card has our same name. Mine is Michael Mutant. I have to admit I appreciated it. It had been a while since I had reminisced about the "GPK" crew. The other card was of Ross Roast, and I'm pretty sure I like mine better.

I am not missing home. I have too many things to do and too many problems to deal with up here that I haven't even taken a second to think about what it would feel like to miss home. I think going back for Labor Day weekend was quite productive in stalling any of those types of feelings. My time down there was fun, especially at Automatic Slim's in Ft. Lauderdale. Not so much of a good time at Sunset Tavern. I don't know if it was the fact that I was stuck inside the booth for more than I would have like or if the company was just not fun.

This weekend coming up (I know it is only Wednesday)I will be all alone in Cincinnati. I am hoping to utilize my friend-making skills and come out a winner. My definition of a winner would be any type of memory or photo that has me leading a song among a bunch of lederhosen-clad Germans in a chant as we drink beer at the Oktoberfest (the "k" means its beer-drinking time).

Soon enough I will be putting up photos of my place. I still do not have a bed or sofa or dresser, but I have a TV stand and stools. Not that I have any cable television but at least I know I could get it if I wanted to. The bed and the dresser are on their way, arriving Saturday. I am pretty sure I am going to buy a sofa later today.

My time here has been going great (during the day, mostly) and I really have little to complain about. I am excited to see what living here does to me. I am hoping that it doesn't make me talk like the people from here. I think I am going to buy one of those learn how to speak Spanish CD's just so I don't forget what it sounds like. Something funny happened to me on while I was buying my stools. I was walking to the back of the store when I happen to pass a middle-aged, bald, white male who was answering his mobile phone. When he answered he spoke in English and it actually surprised me. I was stunned that he didn't answer with a "Que Paso," "Hola," or even a "Dime lo cantando." I'm sure in time I will get used to it. Hispanics are so rare around here people don't even think to classify me as Mexican (awww how nice).

That's it. The first post from the new Cincinnati based Michael Lorenzo. I will be trying to update this site on a regular basis again and also change its look. In other words don't be surprised if this site is down or looking very weird.

Today's Song of the Day is "Yesterday to Tomorrow" by Audioslave.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates