viernes, septiembre 9

Am I not being "PC" or just being racisit?

All I can think about, as I wait for someone to go eat lunch with, is Oktoberfest in Covington, KY. Covington is where I work; it is directly across the river from Cincinnati. I really have no idea what I should expect but I can always look forward that has anything to do with beer. When an activity revolves around beer nothing can go wrong, that is until everything else around you starts revolving also. I have never been to an “Oktoberfest” per say, but I have been to many parties where there are many Caucasians congregating around the “holy brew.” I figure any “type” of Caucasian can be substituted for another. French, German, Finnish, Austrian, etc., I really see no difference when it comes to their drinking habits.

Actually take the French out of there. I don’t want to refer to the French. Its so cliché.

MY girlfriend is gone for the weekend. She gets to go back to Miami for a long weekend, but this time on her job’s dime. The company she works for is paying for her to go back home to recruit students or alumni at her own alma mater. I really am trying to find out what she did to receive this abundance of good tidings.

I know I am not famous so I have no right to express my opinion on political or social matters, but I think I am safe to ramble on my own site.

It’s safe to assume that most people (yes, I said people b/c my “site meter” is recording an actual increase in readership) who read this site are up to date on their current events, and know that Kanye West is not only an upstart music mogul but also a typical African-American advocate. I describe him as “typical” b/c when it comes to any problem that has been faced by the African-American community in this country I can’t remember one time when they didn’t claim that it is b/c they are black that they have these problems. I hope someone who reads this prove me wrong and provides an example to the contrary.

When have Hispanics done this? Africans in Africa didn’t even start asking for help with all their problems until things got really bad. They wait till a couple of nations are lost to genocide before coming to the U.S. Why isn’t Hip Hop Culture synonymous with “Welfare Culture”?

I know not all African-Americans think this way, and I think it is safe to assume that most of the black people who have been made homeless by Hurricane Katrina are not spending much time thinking about how their blackness has kept the government from helping them out.

Somehow Kanye West knows how the government works; he is an expert; do not question this fact. Don’t take into account that the government in question has take a long time to DO ANYTHING. No, it must be b/c the people who are being affected are black. B/c black people don’t vote and since politicians only care about votes why would they care about the African-American community. Can you spot the contradiction?

Another good question is why doesn’t Kanye send money or put together some type of assistance for the people down there? Is it b/c he has an album that just came out and can only benefit from any increase in popularity he receives? Since there is no Ebonics equivalent for bureaucracy he probably doesn’t know that all the money he has probably can do a lot more, a lot sooner than the money the government will spend.

Just when you thought Bush bashing was out of fashion someone comes along to show you that no one had bashed him on the Hip Hop tip. The best part is that you can’t say anything bad about it b/c a bunch of white guys you have no relation to were too ignorant to know all people should have the opportunity to be equal (Kanye has obviously proven he has no equal and can someone tell him that Anthony Mason wants his hair back.).

The President of this country really should consider the infrastructure of New Orleans’ levees as his direct responsibility. I think someone should invent some type of “toilet-hat” so that it will be even easier to shit on the president for whatever goes wrong.

Let’s not do something about it! Let’s find someone to blame! That will save us!

Obviously more could be done, but can you name one productive thing that comes out of discussing that more could have been done? Are any lives being saved by talking about it? To answer these questions read Candide

What bothers me most of all is that the average African-American walking down the street has so little in common with the people the media pushes on them as spokespersons for the Black Community.

That all might not be "PC" but since when was I required to do what is correct politically. There's no song for today either so go listen to Kanye or something.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates