martes, agosto 23

T-minus 10, 9, 8, 7.....

I leave tomorrow morning to Cincinnati. This may be the worst choice I've ever made (or one of the worst). I'm just hoping it isn't the best decision I ever make, I expect big things from the future you see.

I am obviously going for all the wrong reasons and not thinking things through. I am leaving home, where things are free and waiting for me, to a new place where I will have to learn how to struggle and earn everything I need or want. I am leaving Miami, the city full of non-stop fun, ever-famous for its night-life and beauty for a spot on the stoop of the Midwest- or what is known to everyone else as the most boring place on earth. The job I acquired isn't the greatest, neither is the pay. If I am not careful I might end up going down the wrong career path. Lastly my girlfriend lives in Cincinnati, which would be a saving grace in a perfect world but instead is a tremendous caveat in my world as she'd rather not have me around, at least not yet, or so close...

At this point it is abundantly clear that there are many reasons not to go. Perhaps you are even thinking "Damn, and I thought things were going well for you." Yes, ultimately things are going well, but it is mainly due to my uncanny ability to not worry about what will happen but rather look forward with excitement.

Sure it bothers me that my girlfriend, the only person I know in Cincinnati, is stressing more over the potential loss of her independence than looking forward to the fact that the person she says she loves will be around more than if we were separated by a great distance. Things get better when I tell myself that I can never begin to understand w/e type of commitment phobia (if any) she has. It is not as if I can somehow make a potion that makes her impervious to doubt. Yet here's a positive spin: all the worrying is really an effort to make our relationship work as well as possible.

I am sure she wants the best for me. My focus will be on that last one, the positive angle, however untrue it might or might not be, and just move forward believing the nothing but the best intentions are present. Then again it has been said that the way to hell is paved in good intentions.

Yeeeesh.

Ultimately I really don't know what will happen, but I am excited to find out. I would rather fall flat on my face than stay sitting on my ass.

To all 9 of you who read this I am sorry that my personal life has taken over this blog. I know no one comes here b/c of me but only b/c they are bored. I want to let you know that I will probably not be able to write a new post for a little while. Until then I will be thinking of how to make this site better and collecting my thoughts until something funny sifts through.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates