miércoles, agosto 10

Missed me?

I know I’ve been neglecting my Internet pride and joy but then again I’ve always doubted the validity of this site’s audience. In my absence there have been several things that I have been wondering. Here are two of them:

1. Is there anyone stranger than Matthew Lesko that can claim to be a “New York Times Bestseller”?

For those of you who don’t know who he is I’ve added a picture to help jog your mind. The hard part in figuring out my question is that authors are usually strange quirky people. Somehow in his zealous scheme to self-promote Mr. Lesko has done two amazing things. First he’s only the second person to successfully pull off an outfit that is dominated by a type of punctuation. Yes, he is successful and I base this on the fact that he is a best-selling author but more so on the second thing he accomplished. That second thing is the fact that he’s been able to sell books through television commercials. The whole premise of a television commercial to sell a book seems weird and in my knowledge has only proved successful for books that stay at home mothers read. So kudos Mr. Lesko you’ve made “dumb” television watching Americans read a book or at least spend money as if they did know how to read.

I take that back b/c if you knew how to read you would not choose to read his books.

2. When did it become ok for British singers to sing with a British accent?

It seems that Hispanic, Asian, and, for the most part, Norwegian music artists have for a long time been under the gun to sound as “American” as possible whenever they open their mouths. This usually results in people saying “oh my god did you know he/she was from (fill in country here).”

Lately though I’ve been noticing that every British act has embraced their accent and let it fly when they sing their songs, further confusing us with inaudible lyrics. Obviously this stems from the anti-American behavior that is soooooo cool these days. So cool that it is almost hip to like America but then as soon as you do like it you realize all those country music loving hillbillies that you’ve now associated yourself with.

That is about it for now. I am in Cincinnati trying to make a life of things here. I’ll say something about it when there is a whole story to tell. For those of you who will say “Cincinnati! Wow! You must be bored out of your mind!” I will answer you by listing what I did the past few days:
- Went to a Marlins game against the Reds
- Saw Dredg in concert in an intimate setting (to say it gently)
- Interviewed for four different jobs
- Went to a birthday party
- Played a game of Cornhole
- Experienced Matisyahu



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates