jueves, agosto 4

The 100th Post (Part 2)

Over the past 5 days Michael Lorenzo took a trip to New York for a quick vacation before embarking on his most ambitious attempt to secure a career. Before venturing off to foreign lands Michael spent as much time as possible trying not to think. What follows is proof. This is the first in a five part series

Now I have two more New York nightclubs/bars under my belt. Tonight we went to a place called Movida. The place has a lot of potential, especially if it were still 1991. It is located on 27th street between Leroy and Bedford in case you would like to check it out for yourself.


Part of my walk through New York

Perhaps the thing that got most in the way of having a fantastic time at Movida was the fact that we didn't start the night after 1 am. After grabbing something to eat we went across the street to meet up with a friend of mine. Fortunately my sister told her and the people she was with to go wait for us at a bar that had a cover charge. We added on to the great gift of a cover charge by meeting them there about 10 minutes after they had gone in. I almost missed the bar we were meeting them at but then noticed that the place the blonde Lilliputian was herding us into was the place we had already intended to go.

After Movida we tried going to a place my sister dubbed "super cool." Apparently someone there had it out for her there b/c as soon as we got there the DJ began playing Lionel Richie. Somehow no other music epitomizes "un-super cool" than Richie's "Fiesta."

As for today I have already done something I haven't done in over 4 years- let someone cut my hair. For the past almost half a decade I have been the sole cutter of my hair. The haircut came out good but I think the tea tree oil treatment and massage were a bit much.

I missed a live band's performance but I can assure you it was fantastic. Everyone there seemed to be in a state of descending elation. As a consolation I was privileged to watch some Asians and Puerto Ricans play hand ball. I had no idea that handball was still being played. The torch has been passed to the immigrant community in the inner city, and it is burning bright.

It is always amazing to just walk the streets of New York, you learn so much like how it is totally legal to let your toddler cop a squat right on the sidewalk. Wow!





Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates