miércoles, agosto 3

The 100th Post (Part 1)

Over the past 5 days Michael Lorenzo took a trip to New York for a quick vacation before embarking on his most ambitious attempt to secure a career. Before venturing off to foreign lands Michael spent as much time as possible trying not to think. What follows is proof. This is the first in a five part series

I am currently at the airport waiting for my airborne chariot to carry me to New York. Most people associate bustling streets, overwhelming crowds, and a vast multitude of things to do with New York. Yet somehow right before heading off to this uber-exciting place what do I find myself feeling except this 14 year old girl neurosis that I am getting fat.

Those who haven't seen me in a long time would say: "Getting fat? I thought you were in the running for mayor of Fatsville for some time now?"

Those who have seen me more recently would just tell me to stop eating shit.

But both of those groups only refer to the 2 universal rules for conversations concerning fat and fat people:
1. If you are fat and talk about getting fat you disgust people
2. If you aren't fat and talk about gaining weight people think you are neurotic.

The thing is I'm just missing the way things were when I worked out and exercised. Due to being in geographical limbo I can not get a routine started. I worry about gaining fat b/c I miss the effects of exercised. My deep fear of ever growing man boobs also contributes to this.

Never mind that. New York awaits as I try to party in two of the biggest party cities in this country on consecutive weekends. I didn't realize this was going to happen a few weeks ago but now I figure to be exhausted by the time I return to Miami. Obviously my trip to Cincinnati will be the cure to too-much partying, but then again I could be underestimating Ohio (also called Iowa if you're French).

Before leaving to New York I want to take a moment to talk about an new album, in hopes of having some continuity on this blog. Today's album is "From Under the Cork Tree" by Fall Out Boy. It seems this will be there break out album after flying under the radar for some years. They have made a record that seems to point where most other bands have gone wrong. Using their hardcore pasts to build an interesting pop-sound they have come up with songs that are more meaningful, musically, than radio favorites such as Green Day, Jimmy Eat World, or Simple Plan. Don't get me wrong its not all great stuff but as a whole its definitely good.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates