jueves, julio 14

Music Machete Returns

Sometimes the weekend just creeps up on you, especially when you work only 5 days the past two weeks. I have to admit not working Friday through Wednesday is a great deal, too bad it doesn't do much for the cash flow situation.

I spent most of the past few days with my friend who was down visiting, and reacquainting myself with my globetrotting girlfriend. I'm going to try to put a couple posts up in the next days and get back into a rhythm because I have to admit the comedy has been a bit spotty.

For all of those who have been keeping up on "The Battle for Michaels Knee" I want to say that the campaign is nearing its end and I am almost fully recovered. Even my therapist, Suzy, says so, but she is only an intern so don't put too much weight on what she thinks. Either way I will be back to kicking ass in a couple weeks. Let's get to the music review since that is the crux of this post.

I haven't acquired that many new CD's these days but the one I have gotten has made the wait worthwhile. If you need more reviews in your life I have added a new link to a site dedicated to music you won't find on the radio- so you know its good. Just click the Left Off the Dial to the left over there.

The album I am talking about is Dredg's "Catch Without Arms." I have professed the virtues of listening to Dredg to most of those I hold dear so it goes without saying that I am going to like anything they do. Fortunately they have gone beyond anything I expected and tightened up a sound that was already air tight like a dolphin's ass. Here is what some people are saying about it:
"This music pulverizes while still feeling lighter than air"

"I wish I wouldn't have ever heard this album so I could re-live what it did to me the first time I heard it"

"My ears feel spicy"

Obviously, you should not go by what other's say, and who knows how it actually feels to have spicy ears, but I beg someone to listen to Dredg and conclude that they just wasted their time. Guitar like hammer, bass syncopating to your body rhythm, and drums that keep your ass bouncing all work together to wrap you in it from head to toe.

In my opinion the singer, Evan, has improved tremendously from album to album and finally he fits in with the music sublimely. I suggest you spend $10 and add a worthy album to your collection, b/c most collections would be improved by it. I know I don't usually make a suggestion when it comes to music, but this one has got me good. I'll try to take pictures of their show on August 6, which I will be attending.

If you want to listen to them now you can find them on Yahoo music just click this link. They are in a competition to figure out the "best upcoming band," but they don't really care since they know they are good.

The whole enchilada




Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates