martes, julio 26

More Links Than A Polish Smorgasbord

In hopes of reaching the momentous 100th post on The Daily Lorenzo I am forcing myself to write. That's right, it doesn't come naturally. It is a laborious task and the joke book I am using is starting to come apart at the binding (partly from overuse and partly from being acquired at a yard sale). This begs the obvious question of "why do it, then?" which I have always answered with the obvious answer of "Because I have an ego that is best metaphorically depicted by that plant from 'Little Shop of Horrors.'"

Consider yourself in the Rick Moranis role of Seymour Krelborn everytime you visit this site.

So, yeah, ummm this is post number 98. What's going on today? Space Shuttle news dominates as NASA decides whether psyching us out for the 7th time this month would still be funny. I have no idea why they are going to space but best luck to them. Obviously no one would want anything bad to happen to the astronauts, be it here on earth or in space. I know some are hoping for some Fantastic Four type occurrence but let's be serious. Either way Superheroes would have nothing to fight other than terrorists, which would then mean that some super-terrorist alliance would be established.

Even if I had super powers I wouldn't use it to fight evil, b/c then evil comes looking for you. I think bar tricks and picking up chicks are the only sane uses for super powers.

Now that I've made this post as nerdy as possible let us forget about any possible transition. Last night I spent most of the night with my girlfriend and her friends, mainly b/c she is leaving today to start her new Midwestern life and begin her climb up the corporate ladder from the bottom rung in Cincinnati. We watched "Shaun of the Dead" because I insisted and I actually ended up liking it, as an added bonus its only about an hour and a half. Afterwards we mulled going out but one of my girlfriend's friend's had an early flight so it seemed wrong to make her go out or exclude her.

What did we do then? Played Asshole, everyone's favorite way of using a card game to tell someone what you really think they are. No we weren't drinking seeing as that seems to be frowned upon and thought of as juvenile when your with a bunch of girls and its a Monday night. Well actually the guys were drinking but not at the speed to imply we were playing a drinking game. The best part about the game was that, like every other card game known to man, there are 20.8 million rules and 1.43 trillion variations of each rule that are brought to the table. I argued some rules, fought for the way I had always played but in the end my girlfriend was putting up too much of a fight to make any more discussion meaningful. Instead I just blamed her rules and that we were in her house everytime I didn't do too well. At least I know how to drag others down well, no rule against that one.

Once everyone left I lucked out and got to watch "The Vanishing." A movie many don't know about but I enjoy tremendously. It is a remake of a Dutch film, that is supposedly much better and makes the American one seem watered down. Either way I think the movie is good, and both the original and remake are directed by the same guy. Who cares if the original is better, this one is good on its own. Why do movies need to be compared like siblings? If you ever get a chance watch "The Vanishing" it is a great thriller that has a unique story to it.

So that is it, post #98 is over. If anyone has any ideas on what type of extravaganza I can string together for #100 let me know - mslorenzo@gmail.com -although it might have to be written in New York, seeing as I leave Friday.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates