viernes, junio 24

Weekend Blowout

I think I might go out this weekend. In case you weren't watching last weekend or perhaps you just don't associate yourself with temporary cripples, I was having a pretty tough time moving or even sitting around. A week does a lot for a man, especially when you have a staph infection and are recovering from 4 knee surgeries in less that a month. I'm not gonna go nuts but I have to be honest I am at least open to that possibility.

So if you are American you know by now that Tom Cruise is insane. The good news is that Tom actually does read and cares a lot about Brooke Shields. That latter says a lot because the only other person that isn't Brooke's family that actually cares for her is Michael Jackson. I don't think I need to elaborate on what happens when people can talk about you in the same sentence as Michael Jackson.

This news was so big that it overshadowed a incredible caper that went down here in South Florida. It isn't that I am in tune with the happenings of Miami any more than the next guy, nor do I tune in to Spanish radio (God no!). This amazing story would be everywhere if it weren't Tom Cruise. It happens to be that three men wearing white masks and capes ransacked this woman's house, and in the process stole a baby owl monkey (worth $2,000).


You'd think Owl Monkeys would have bigger nostrils with those great picking fingers

How are we going to stop 3 men wearing masks, easy shoot them up and take picture of their face after. But capes! They had capes! Not just one either b/c then you could say that oh well they have a nut leading them, but when everyone is wearing capes what do you do. Do you shoot at them? How do you know it will do anything, or better how will you hit anything, the cape is highly distracting. Apparently necessity breeds innovation so superheroes must be on the way b/c in all my years of education I have only seen superheroes capable of stopping any caped troupe.

It wasn't even good cape weather. That's probably indicative of this group of thieves having some sort of superhuman bravado.

But really the capes were a bit much, no?

Anyways I wanted to take a moment to talk about something that has begun to concern me as I have had to watch more TV in my time as a half-cripple. That concern being that I have no idea what to do if my child is born a sociopath. From my exposure, as an ignorant American, all I know is that you need to throw sociopaths into a locked room and throw away the keys.

I actually did have to study some about sociopath's in that God forsaken Criminology class I took at the community college. It manifests during puberty and leaves supposedly around 65 years of age. This has a two fold effect:
1. Most will never survive sex with a sociopath
2. They'll receive social security without really contributing much

I'd like help with this and have some suggestions or anecdotes at least that will shed l;light on what should I do if I have sociopathical child. Should I just cherish the years before puberty? Most parents would claim those are the only years they wish their kids would be alive for.

If you stayed late at work on Friday, you got a treat, but you're also pathetic ('cause its Friday). Have a good weekend.

Today's Song of the Day is "Catch Without Arms" by Dredg



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates