martes, junio 21

Roots, Rock, Reggae

Upon my return from being as close to social oblivion as possible I gained a strong addiction to everyone's clinic on American justice: Law & Order.

I was able to spend my nights, sadly, catching as many of these shows as possible. And I mean all flavors be it original, special victims, criminal intent, or even the new trial by jury, which is bound to be available for only a limited time. I took a Criminology course at the local community college when I was still in high school and I can truly say that I learned more about catching criminals by the time the opening credits were over. That said I think the amount of episodes of I've seen along with that criminology course must leave me more prepared than half the cops in this city.

Consequently it dawned me why it is that Law & Order is so damn popular among young Americans, and it is, perhaps even more so than most are willing to admit but the same thing could be said for drugs and those malt-liquor Bacardi drinks that someone seems to be buying up. Either way what I figured out was that the entire premise of Law & Order is identical to The Scooby-Doo Mysteries w/o the monster costume. The suspects occupation or background work as the masks or costumes that the culprit always used to scare Shaggy and Scoobs. Once Brisco or McCoy "unmasks" the suspect for what they are then do we say "ohhhhhhh, no wonder they did it." Here are some other similarities:
1. You always see the culprit in the first 10 minutes of the show.
2. There are always 2 or 3 other people that are thought to be more criminal-esque
3. The Mystery Squad or Law& Order teams always cross boundaries that somehow all other forms of law enforcement seemed impenetrable.

So that's it. If it weren't for Scooby Doo Law & Order would never be here.

In other news: I'm almost ready to start working so I actually need to start a routine again. I can't really walk yet and my knee swells like a balloon if I push it so I figure to not put that many hours in at first. I'm almost myself. Once I'm there I swear to write something funny, until then just picture old people falling. If you think that's mean picture them falling into a tub of orange marmalade.

I'm out like Jerry Orbach.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates