miércoles, junio 8

Music Machete II

I got the new White Stripes album a couple days ago and have been spinning it since in order to get a grasp on what is going on these days with the two best things to come out of Detroit, MI. I'm not sure if this album is out yet but here's my review:

"Get Behind Me Satan" - The White Stripes put together another album that lives up to their reputation. Bold, brash, and bombastic are usually good descriptive words starting with the letter "b" that describe their sound, and little has changed with the new album. Things have mellowed out for Jack and Meg and they show it in the lyrics and light fare some of their songs try to tackle. You'll find more piano and xylophone being used here than in the 5th grade band recital, thankfully more creatively too. While you can still expect some of the songs to blast away on the chorus and chop through the verses there are moments or melodic harmony that have never been done as subtly by the Stripes at its done on this album. If you don't know much about the White Stripes previous music outside of their singles this album is a good starter kit as Jack keeps things simpler and doesn't break songs down just to show you how he can pick them back up again. Has definite growth potential.

I went to the Seether/Crossfade concert last night, but I don't have time to write about that today so I'll try to remember to get to it soon.

I'll try to spark things up in my head so that tomorrow's post salvages the week. If not I'll appease the literary impaired with some pictures. Enjoy Hump Day and remember to get over it.

The Song of the Day for Today is "Yer Blues" by The Dirty Mac




Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates