lunes, junio 6

Huckleberry Hound

For most people thoughts of how they would raise their child or rules they would implement in the household float around their heads at a relatively early age.

I for one have already decided that I will maintain a separate domicile from my children. I will keep them locked in until they reached the cognizant age of five, providing them only with a television, stuffed animal and occasionally some candy. I figure I can just slip food and water through a hole and go in every other month to clean the place.

Obviously I am only joking, I know there are laws prohibiting such behavior, but my general point is that people plan their parenting techniques in the years leading up to it. Mostly when they are unprepared or far too ignorant to make any type of educated decision when it comes to child-bearing and raising.

So where am I going with this you may be asking? Hold your horses (how do you hold on to more than one horse? What a defeatus statement) we are getting there.

My point is that almost everyone wants their child to grow up to be honest and forthright, not a liar and hypocrite. Although many accept those flaws from themselves hardly anyone tolerates a standard that would perpetuate a child into becoming two-faced.

What I want to bring up is the fact that we build machines to exemplify a hypocritical attitude. The one machine I want to look at is the ATM. Everytime you go to an ATM you end up paying it in order to pay you. In other words you give it money for it to give you money. How is this not the epitome of hypocrisy?

You go to the ATM b/c you need money to eat and you tell it "Can I get some of what is mine?"

ATM says- "Sure, but first you will need to pay me"

You respond- "But its my money that I'm asking for, why are you trying to take something for giving me what is mine."

ATM concluding - "Pay up or starve"

The best personification of an ATM is that friend that gives you a birthday present or says they will pay for dinner and then goes home and writes it down in a book so they can compare it to what you have given them. Sure they'll be nice and offer to help you out but in their mind they are already charging you a price for accepting their "kindness."

I find that there are more and more people like that, obligating me to return a favor, or instant karma even.

So to put it all together- We want are kids to be honest and forthright yet subject them to constant exposure of a machine that embodies hypocrisy (the ATM). Of course the world is full of jerks, all those technicians with no manners or social experiences are the ones building these sassafrassin' machines we spend so much time interacting with.

If you want to act like an ATM make sure that I won't be sticking my card in you. I don't know what that means, literally or metaphorically but take it as you like just don't take my money you greedy son of a bitch.

I think I got a little to worked up there, but I hope I got my message across, as bullshit filled as it is.

The Song of the Day for Today is "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates