sábado, junio 4

He takes too long

Do you know what today is?


My First Year Celebration

Yes, a year has arrived. Time to throw out some cliches:
I can't believe it has gone by this fast.
Wow! Time flies
Who would have thought we'd be here last year
When in Rome

I just want everyone to know that outside of my family this blog has been not only one of the most rewarding relationships but the longest one I have been in.

It has to be a little weird writing about writing but that's what to day is a celebration of my dorkiness, nerdiness, quirkiness, or whatever "ness" you would like to insult me with, but remember I know I've made you laugh so don't try to act you aren't a big dork also. Let's get this started by recalling how the past year has treated me and this blog.

Originally starting under the title "Philosophia Determinada" this web site was the epitome of my ambivalence. I don't speak Spanish much on a daily basis but yet I wanted to use it for a title. I also insinuated there was some intelligent "philosophical" thought behind this. What a mistake that was. A lot of drudgery and self loathing was done. I spent more time talking about how I felt about myself and what was going on in my life, as time progressed I realized I needed to feed my ego more that express my grief. The only obvious way to do this was to learn to be immediately funny (i.e. copy funny things that no one knew of at first and be racist). The second thing was to write short paragraphs that way people would think they are reading quicker.

Everyone loves a pat on the ass, not just me.

After studying at the Rick Moranis School for Humorously Impaired (i.e. Canadian) I stopped eating shit and started making fun of everything I saw. Having a good vocabulary is supposed to be beneficial in this regard but somehow I've been able fool everyone (i.e. all 5 of my readers). I promise that was the last "i.e."

At this point I want to take a moment to address the fact that I am claiming to be funny. Some will read what I have written and notice the grammatical errors others will notice how conceited this whole thing. Those in the first group should e-mail me and ask me for advice on cat names since they will probably lead a long lonely life. Those in the other group should move to the next paragraph.

So glad you could make it group 2. I just want to say "Yes, I do think I am funny. The loads of people who have told me have convinced me that they are professional 'funny scouts' and are capable of authorizing my humor license." I also want to tell you that you are insecure and will forever live in denial, this way I will always be right.

I am going to be honest and say that over 10 people read this page on a regular basis, and by "regular" I mean that they are over my shoulder right now reading as the words fly out of my ass.

As for my past year I guess the biggest difference that I have gone through is that I am much closer to being consistently happy with who I am. I don't how much credit goes to writing this blog but I will say a lot just b/c it is its birthday. In other news I graduated from college, figured out what I want to do for the rest of my life, and have met the ultimate and convinced her I am the male version.

I want to thank everyone for encouraging me and driving me to get to this point. I want to thank Ms. Klose for teaching English to me for 4 years, acting like a friend, and then telling my friend's girlfriend some lie of how I wanted to punch her (the girlfriend) in the face.

If you can please read my first post just so to make this one look better. Also please leave a comment detailing your most memorable moment in The Daily Lorenzo's History.

I'll be out celebrating and reminding everyone how great I am. Kudos to me! Congrats to blogging! Best wishes to literacy!


Party For Hire

Today's Song of the Day is "Roland" by Interpol. God personally requested it



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates