jueves, junio 9

But How?

Some of my friends might be thinking that I have forgotten all about them and chosen to do other things with my time. Well, if you'd like to know what I am doing right now I will tell you. I am watching a show about conjoined twins and icing my knee every 20 minutes.

Huh?

That's right, my knee is messed up again. It is all swollen, and is almost locked up once again. Thankfully Melanie enjoy ambulatory men and has found our time quite pleasant. I think I would have put my head through a wall if she wasn't here with me now.

I promised funny, I know I did. I apologized for the crap I wrote earlier this week and I've already started this one asking for pity. Let's try something different and recount the Seether/Crossfade concert.

Things I learned at the Seether/Crossfade concert:
1. Roadies eat a lot of shit the hours before the show
2. The Crossfade guys do a lot of Coke.
3. When the tour takes a break Seether will be partying in Jamaica
4. No roadie ever forgets every single show he worked on.
5. The NHL will resume at its regularly scheduled time and location with the players gaining nothing from the lockout.
6. Women should change clothes between the opening bands' sets.

I don't know if I had mentioned this before but my friend's brother is the lead singer for Seether, and the only constant part as the other members seem to change a lot. Therefore the main reason I went to the concert was not to see live music, or to see what any of those guys looked like. I went to see a friend. The doors opened late and a big line formed in front of the venue, but that only benefited us as I found my friend sticking his head out the bus looking at the line. We looked real cool in front of all the 13 year old music aficionados when we were invited onto the bus. In the bus we heard about what tour life is like, what my friends plans were, how the Crossfade guys are douche bags who do too much coke. The best part about that last statement was that it was made by a roadie who detailed every show he's ever been on, including Van Halen. It must take a lot of coke to make Van Halen look like prudes.

Once inside we were able to see all three bands perform (the first band was called No Address, or Bad Address). We watched the first band from above and found that we were on the right floor b/c there were other non-teenagers on that floor. The only problem was that some of these fans were middle aged and this one lady decided to rock out more than anyone else even though the kimono she was wearing was rocking her out. As soon as Crossfade started she ripped off the kimono and sported a halter she apparently had bartered some unsuspecting adolescent for.

We watched the Seether set from the sound booth with our new found roadie friend. Another thing I learned thanks to the amount of times Mike (the roadie) repeated it was that "all personal relationships go to shit as soon as you hit the road." Really? Thanks buddy I'll keep that in mind next time I think about becoming a roadie. Somehow this guy still had something on his finger that seemed like wedding band. Weird, I know.

The whole thing was a bit subdued thanks to the amount of pain killers I took in order to make it through the concert. That was probably a mistake and the cause of my current situation as I overworked my knee and now it is still swollen with fluid.

Today is the first Thursday in a long time that I am unable to go out, or just don't. I actually got into a rhythm with all the dancing. My only wish now is that I am severely missed and my ego is further inflated.

I've got to go now, but please remember to send money instead of flowers or get well cards.

The Song of the Day for Today is "Midnight Creeper" by The Eagles of Death Metal.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates