lunes, mayo 16

One Two Cha Cha Chaa!

I've got great news- I get to wipe out a few hours out of the day today. You gotta love when they put your life on fast forward. I will be operated on later this evening. My knee has what doctors refer to as a "bucket handle flip." That pretty much means that some of the cushioning in the back of my knee has flipped to the front and is locking my knee from fully extending and makes it painful to put weight on it. There are 2 outcomes to this surgery:

1. They put the "cushion" back in place and I spend 5 weeks (at least) on crutches recovering

2. The cushion is too fucked to repair and they take it out, thus forcing me to start putting weight on it immediately but placing me at a high risk to develop arthritis in my knee.

I really don't know which one I would prefer but these three things I know:

1. My armpits are becoming severely chaffed from the crutches

2. The Bravery's latest album is definitely catchy

3. Its hard for me not to make a judgment call on people who create an away message for each day of the week.

Take what you want from those but for some reason I am feeling pretty upbeat about this whole knee ordeal. It has been a while since a body part of mine has overshadowed everything else I do, but this time its a bit different.

In other news I've been wondering whether the denizens of South Florida would be attracted to becoming more knowledgeable of the pop culture that exists past Ft. Lauderdale. I don't think I would be off base if I said that the culture down here is highly internalized. I think this is why so many things are coming out of this area and the rest of the country is viewing it as trendy. The internal characteristic of Miami has allowed it to differentiate itself. I for one don't take the "trendiness" all that seriously and just chalk it up to reggaeton, but I blame everything on reggaeton.

So would Miami be interested in a publication that's main focus is everything that isn't Miami? That's the question.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates