jueves, mayo 19

I've got plenty of things I've been hiding.

Someone thankfully took the time last night to tell me how to be nice. The first thing that came to mind is that "nice" has to be one of the most overused words of all. There are many definitions for this word, but I think the two that people refer to are:

1 courteous, gracious, nice exhibiting courtesy and politeness; "a nice gesture"

2 discriminate, nice noting distinctions with nicety; "a discriminating interior designer"; "a nice sense of color"; "a nice point in the argument"

So I was offered a small clinic on how to perform the first type of nice, being polite. I have to say it isn't easy. It sounds easy to explain - be polite, be courteous, but in reality I can't say my first reaction is to be nice. I get in the elevator in my office building and I don't want to be nice to the guy who got in with me. I want to know why the hell this guy had to press the button for three different floors. Is he just wandering around? Is he control panel dyslexic? Its obvious that nice isn't the first personality trait I reach for.

I left for work at 10:30 this morning. That's nice. Waking up Late is nice. The fact that there was traffic every which way wasn't. It's amazing that I can manage to get stuck in a traffic deadlock at a time that the people that are usually driving around are on their way from Navarro to Sedano's to get in on the two for one deal on cans of frijoles. I hate traffic. I have to figure out how to be funny.



Cuacuacuacuacua!!!!! Am dying ovah heah! Keep working on nice - you've got funny down pat.  


Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates