viernes, abril 22

Numb tongue Deluge

I was going to start writing about losing the taste for certain things but in the middle of contemplating what to write and actually starting it I ran into the problem that what I've lost the taste for mostly is the presence of a negative attitude. I don't want this to be about gloom and doom. I need to fight off the effects of not being able to get as much sleep as I would like. The way I see it I'm still trying to make up for February.

These days I find that I am listening to more Dutch radio than ever. I think one of the main reasons I listen is b/c I don't understand what the DJ's are saying. It also helps me get in touch with my inner European.

I don't think many people read this, and more than 2 people would qualify as many for me, so I am going to start making outrageous claims on a regular basis. Today's outrageous claim: The new pope is a German Nazi spy who doesn't know they lost the war and will seek to unite the State of Islam with the other Axis powers.

Hopefully this will come up when someone "google's" "Nazi" and "pope."

My job with the marketing company is teaching me a boatload of things from engaging others in meetings to determining the market size for any given product. The thing that sticks out to me the most is what I learned in the presentation we gave to a client on Wednesday, and that was making others believe you are a lot better than you are. Those clients, as all other ones, have no idea that a big chunk of the work they are paying for is being done by a student, albeit one that is almost a graduate, but a student nonetheless. So far only one person has asked me how old I am and that guy was my same age. I guess he wanted me to know we were both fooling everyone. The last thing I want to do is make people think I am much older than I really am, believe me 22 is a fine age in my mind. What I do want to make people think is that I am much more experienced than I really am. But who knows how well I am doing I might be only fooling myself.

If men were allowed to wear boob tassels, and yes I hope there actually is someone enforcing that men not wear boob tassels, but if they did one of my co-workers would be a prime candidate to put them to good use with the amount of dancing he does. Not just that but the amount of "tittie shaking" that accompanies his dancing is astronomical, and I only see him at work. I can't imagine how crazy his boob-antics get on his own free time. Perhaps boob tassels are an undervalued comedic element. I'll start the research.

I had a body composition test done yesterday. I was using one of those scales that has the metal plates which measure your body fat using some electric current or some other jazz to tell me what my body fat was. It was saying 19% which I found to be a bit high. I didn't think I was that fat, and 19% body fat is officially fat for guys. The real test done at my school's fitness lab came out saying I really have 12% body fat.

Not really anything funny in this blog. If you want something to laugh at you can laugh at the idea of me thinking I'm not fat.



soo funny! I was LOL throughout, esp at the boob tassels (is that rtue? What does he dance to? Dutch music?) Anyway, "making others believe you are a lot better than you are" is what always amazed a certain French man w/ whom I'm closely acquanted about Americans. Yes, there's a dangly participle or some other Safreedesque error in that sentence but my point is that it's so poignant that you should become closer to your "inner European" at the same time as you learn something that Euros always find out re (North) Americans, and that's that they really know how to sell themselves, work a pitch, and general exude mythic levels of confidence, hence winning the deal/account/lo que sea.  


Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates