jueves, abril 28

I'm into whistling

Fact: Today was the last day of classes for Michael Lorenzo's undergraduate university career.
Fact: Today is Thursday
Conclusion: Its a celebration, bitches!

I have taken IQ tests before just as I'm sure most people have done. The level I score has always been within the same 3-5 point range. The reason I bring this up is b/c the level is usually described as "appear as a genius to others," "near-genius," and "gives the impression of being of genius level."

I am not saying this to brag or say hey look at me I'm smarter than you Mr. Fancypants. I wanted to talk about this b/c I think this is the root of any self-esteem problems I have. From the get go I know that I am not as smart as people think I am. Constantly being cognizant of the fact that you are not going to be able to meet the expectations of others would be traumatizing to most I would guess. How can I not be modest. I should wear a disclaimer that says: "Dumber Than You'll Think" but that's probably irregular grammar. I ask for your pity as I will forever be an idiot genius.

Sorry to go on for so long but I needed to vent my humoungous brain.

I want to know who got rednecks into "pickling" or "pickle-izing." Any gas station that you go to from Ocala to Baltimore will sell pickled eggs, pickled pig's feet, pickled turkey jerky, pickled mars bars, pickled pickles, and pickled NASCAR hats. Thankfully my friends that read this are some of the few people in Miami who have been past Kissimme and know what I am talking about. It is perplexing to me, and honestly it keeps me up at night thinking about the Native Americans and if they ever pickled. As far as I can guess its an Anglo thing.

What a weird way of coming up with food. If you think of how the first "pickling" happened you'd have to think it originates with rednecks.

Someone put a bunch of food in a jar, for the purpose of this story we'll say it was seed of lambs in the jar, that had water in it and forgot about it. Weeks later they passed by it and said "might as well eat w/e is in this jar before someone else does." That's right not before it goes bad b/c if that mentality was present no one would have ever stuck their hand in the 3-month old cucumber soup and find out they had just struck gold in the form of phallic veggies.

Ok I am done. I went on too long about pickles. I hate pickles.

Let me know if you like the staccato tone I took in this blog. I know many of you are not fond of my usually legato style.




what is "legato"? And I think pickling actually originated in Europe, where it was especially popular among the Jews, as evidenced by the plethora of pickle shops in the lower east side. But if you'll recall from "Their Eyes Were Watching God" that pickled pig's feet and all manner of pickled pork products were also popular among the Southern Blacks.

Anyway I didnt pick up on the staccato tone but who can resist the sound of "staccato"?  


when the hell did I hire a blog referee?  


Este blog ha sido eliminado por un administrador de blog.  


Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates