lunes, enero 31

Jello Mold

Yesterday my grandmother celebrated her 88th birthday. I still am undecided on whether I want to live that long. My uncle, her son, turns 56 today. I am positive I want to live past that age. I am under the impression that those old farts that are out there lifting weights, surfing, running marathons, and eating 5 lbs. of metamucil a day were the people who did hardly anything adventurous while they were youthful. The regret factor is not what leads me to make this claim. I just find that probabilities are high that if you live your entire life as 'ambitious' as those old folks in the "Ensure" commercials you would have nothing left in the tank by the time old age set in. Almost every person would wear down in some form. If I have a choice I am not convinced which end of my life I would want to live dangerously. Perhaps the reckless abandonment would be more enjoyable if I felt like I accomplished something. On the flipside I could grow attached to my life and not want to sacrifice all I had attained. In reality though I doubt I am going to be hunting tigers in some Indian forest, or something like that past retirement.

I deleted several postings from the blog. You can post your condolences by adding a comment.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates