lunes, octubre 18

Chi Chi Chia!

So I let another whole week go by before coming up with anything to post, and I've started once again with "so"- if Ms. Klose would be appalled (as would I if she wasn't "Ms." Klose anymore).
Quick opening random thought: Why hasn't there been a remake of the old video game classic "Spelunker." You'd think this would be down the line after those other remakes like "Frogger" and "Q-bert." Either way there should at least be a "Spelunker" movie. That's it for my pop-culture reference.

Last week I took a trip upstate to Orlando to go watch a concert that featured two bands- Deftones and Dredg. I really like those two, they definitely make my top 25, and that is saying a lot especially for Dredg. They could be higher than just 25 but I'll take some time later to list my top bands of all time. (Am I the only one who notices I constantly end my sentences with a preposition?) The concert was great, both hands showed and kicked serious ass. I spent the Dredg set getting a few more drinks down and watching from the bar. For Deftones I went down into the pit as soon as they hit the stage. The scene was dominated by heaps (yeah I used that word just for you) of bodies grinding and shoving into each other. It was more than I expected, which was what I was hoping for.

That was Wednesday though, I still hadn't even begun to sniff the weekend, and my nose congestion would foreshadow my in activity for most of the weekend. Thankfully, I awoke from, my friend, Alan's living room floor partially sober around the time I had hoped to wake. I left the bottle of rum I had stolen from the event I bartended the previous weekend. There was a lot left, more than most. I had gotten drunk off a combo involving said bottle but there was still enough for Alan to get beyond obliterated. I meant to leave it though b/c the cap wouldn't close, I wasn't about to drive back home with an open bottle of rum in my car, and, the altruistic reason I leave for last b/c no one would believe it, the bottle would be better appreciated by Alan and his mother. It was a small token of my gratitude for letting me sleep on their oh so plush floor.

Otherwise I unable to go out much this weekend as I became sick and couldn't keep some food down. Additionally I had a killer test today.

The Miami Heat's season is coming closer and closer. I can't but help get excited.

Closing note: I believe my experience at the University of Miami is further teaching me that I wouldn't want to live in South America. Living in Miami, especially around where I live now, has already help me decide that I should stay away from Central America. Not trying to be racist, just stating my learned preferences.

Coming up this week:




Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates