miércoles, septiembre 29

I was getting good at this.

Then life stepped in and kicked it up a notch for me. I can say things are busy, and not be lying, but I'm sure there are tons of people out in the world doing much more than I am. That translates to me feeling no worries. Last week was a great week for blogging this week not so much.

The presidential debate has arrived on campus and is building up to a mighty crescendo. Golf carts, barricades, media personnel, badges, streamers, lanyards, red, white and blue are everywhere here at my school this week. My office has been closed down, which is partly to blame for the lack of posts this week, but more importantly has resulted in me clocking no hours, so no money for this week. It will hit me in a couple weeks when I get a paycheck worth $23.86.

Today is Wednesday, obviously, and I must say that Monday feels like it passed three weeks ago. Having six hard classes this semester is a bit harder than I anticipated, but that could be due to the fact that I didn't anticipate having so many places to go everynight, nor a girlfriend at this point, for that matter. Don't take it the wrong way I am extremely thankful for the change of pace and welcome the challenge of trying to keep up. Sure I'm going to fail at times but I'm okay with it and as grateful to God for those opportunities I fail at.

Slowly but surely my body has rid itself of toxins and is probably running on more natural ingredients than ever. When I say natural I don't mean herbs, or stuff grown organically. I'm mainly referring to the lack of substances, illegal and legal, I've taken. I was sure today I would falter, but God sent me strength and wisdom to realize there is a time for everything and all of mine is already taken up.

The main thing to take away from my cyber-absence is that I've been occupied being happy. I'm starting to sound a bit sappy so I'll stop with it here.

In the past few days I've seen two men who amazed me. The lesser was a man who had a double chin the size of one of those inflatable tubes I wore around my waist when I was a baby. I know that alone is not that amazing so let me elaborate. The man had somehow detailed his facial hair to cover only the extra chin and snake up to the sides of his lips. Quite disgusting but amazing nonetheless. He's part of the media circus, and probably one of the main reasons that the media is described as a circus, on campus. Quick side bar- Why are double chins called double chins if they are always about 8 - 15 times the size of a regular chin? Peculiar, to say the least.

The other amazing man I saw on Saturday. He had 4 elbows. Two on each arm, each close to where you would find an elbow on an everyday persons arm. Each elbow looked like a potato that was grown outside Chernobyl. When he spoke on his cellphone it made me ask two questions. First, how could this man not want to have his deformities removed and baked to later have bacon bits and sour cream spread on top? And secondly, why is it that the coolest cell phone I have seen on any octogenarian, which he was I assure you (just by saying "assure"), is on this poor man who had his arms transplanted onto him from the elephant man?

My friend Justin "Buster" Nosek left me a voice mail saying he would be down in my area soon for a wedding. Good times await. It's always a plus to see my friends from the F-Bag every so often. Actually, I wish I did see them more. Oh well, I'll try to be more consistent with this site.



SO happy to hear your ridding yourself of toxins!  


Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates