lunes, agosto 2

What a ripper.

Saturday didn't start to different than most weekend- waking up in another person's house, feeling incredibly grogged out, trying to put together a plan as to getting rid of what feels like a fat Korean chick sitting on my head -the usual.

Once I had a bowl and could get going we off to go to the music festival for the day. We were going to the Vans Warped tour, and it was more out of necessity to see live music than for any band in particular. Other than Atmosphere that is, but we missed their performance since someone thought it would be great to put one of the most compelling bands on their lineup @ 11:45 am. That fact helped me realize the concert was put together for teenagers who had not yet found the joy in staying out longer than the sun could keep away.

We were off, but we had to go to another house so one of group could change out of jeans and into something a bit more appropriate for the concert. To make this part of the story shorter, he chose to wear sandals to a punk rock concert. Maybe all those outings to hippie concerts had led him to believe this was normal but by the end of the night when only 7 1/2 of his original toenails remained, all he could think about was the penny size chunk of his foot that was missing. Shit happens, right?

As soon as we got to a close vicinity we had to find somewhere to unload the keg and begin tailgating. Here we found another sign we were a bit older than most, no one was tailgating. We made friends with the people passing by, endured a small shower, and somehow did not disturb the people who lived in the house we decided to park our car on their lawn. We were sure someone was going to tell us something about drinking on the front lawn of some one else's house. Thankfully it didn't happen, but I know I would never want to live in a place where people can drink on my lawn w/o my consent.

The concert was good, other than the rain, but I was able to avoid the bigger storm by becoming friends with some suicide hotline promoters that let me sit under their tent as the monsoon passed. I was so incredibly overheated from the band I had just seen, Flogging Molly, I think I passed out for a little bit sitting in one of their chairs. I enjoyed it though, it helped recharge my batteries, and it wasn't like I was about to go dance in the rain.

Here's a listing of the best performances that Saturday. Keep in mind that I was unable to see atmosphere, which who was I wanted to see primarily.
1. Flogging Molly - they generated more heat in everyone than a bad case of explosive diarrhea
2. Billy Talent- didn't know them outside of their single, soon realized they weren't eating shit.
3. NOFX- good, could be better if the lead singer did two things 1. forget politics 2. lose weight.
4. Opiate 4 the Masses- unknown but still try harder than most.
5. Bad Religion- their large amount of songs helps people forget their 40-something.

We were close to death by the end, and even more importantly out of clean clothes, but we still had the keg we brought with us so hope wasn't lost. As soon as we were able to relax for a bit and wash up- oh and of course- some whiskey and sprites chased with some rips we were ready to venture out again. Dinner consisted of the hottest wings the bar could serve and then a chicken sandwich that was doused in more hot sauce than the wings were. Earlier in the day I had managed to get some food in me only minutes before Flogging Molly took the stage. It was a slab of chicken drenched in bbq sauce. You can imagine where I spent the earlier part of Sunday.

That was Saturday. Its Monday, my arms still hurt from the concert. Sunday up next but nothing really happened on Sunday, only good news.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates