martes, agosto 3

Three Things

Today, as the noon hour approaches, there are three things on my mind. First is the fact that I finally get to bartend a party this weekend. Secondly, I need to start putting together some type of plans as to where and when I'll be taking a vacation. Lastly is the fact the the girl I share my office with is so fucking annoying when she talks. Also I got a little movie reviewing at the end

Regarding the vacation it doesn't seem that I will have any real plans until next week. My hopes are to go to all or either of three places- Maine, New York, and Puerto Rico. The first and the last one depend on other people. To go to Maine I would need my friend Peter to go, and he's going up this weekend and should be able to give me answer by the time he gets back. If we do go it would be great. I would be able to see some friends I haven't seen in a couple months and I would be able to relax in one of the most serene settings I have ever witnessed. Sure having good memories of the place helps a lot in wanting to go back but the prospects of making even better ones is what's really motivating me, plus the fact I want to get away from home asap.

If I go to New York, it would be real easy. All I would need to do is buy a plane ticket and get on the plane, the rest I can figure out once I get there. Due to the fact that there are a million and then another million things to do there I can be pretty open ended towards my plans. Sure, I would be alone for the majority of the trip but what does that change.

Puerto Rico would be the hardest to get done for two reasons. It depends on having enough money, this is the easier factor to overcome, and on my friend James putting some stuff together. Now I've seen James put things together but I can't really say that they have involved me more than a couple times. He's also grown incredibly undependable so it might be futile to even pursue this option. He's got a lot on his plate now and I wouldn't expect him to put any effort into it even if he didn't have such a busy schedule. He's a great friend and I wouldn't want any of this to discount from that. This trip would preferably happen during the Labor Day holiday. In the end I see myself vacationing in Key West or around that area.

Regarding now the third point I made about the girl I share offices with. She's nice, and doesn't try stack work on me or leave me out to dry or anything of that sort. Its just that she, like myself, is Hispanic, which entails that she talks loudly and in the most annoying voice she can muster as soon as she is on the phone. I try as hard as I can for it not to bother me but obviously I'm failing. Oh my god she's whistling 'jingle all the way' right now. I wish I knew what annoying quirk I have that constantly annoys others. Sure I'm aware of the shitty stuff I do to people but I can't think of some noise or voice that I put on that is so utterly annoying.

I guess annoyance is like beauty and art, in that its in the eye of the beholder, but in this case it's in my ears instead. Maybe if she had the capacity to pay attention to more than one thing at once, but she doesn't so I doubt she comprehends annoyance to others while thinking about whistling, or staring at a screen, or singing in a bad voice. The fact that I have to repeat every question I ask her 5 times, not b/c of any language barrier but only b/c she is incapable of paying attention.

If you can't tell I'm looking forward to ending this internship. The works great, the environment on the other hand, well, I figure an opinion can be formed on that by now by what I have written so far. I'll leave with this, everything she's asked a question her first response is- huh? -classic I tell you.

Lastly, I'm going to be bartending a party this Friday. I'm pretty excited since it will be the first time I get a chance to bartend and can start getting some experience. Later today I am going to go to the bartending school to practice up some and buy a kit so I'll be over prepared for this shindig. It also seems like this Friday is as busy or even worse than last Friday's escapades. My friend is turning 21 so I'll have a party at the beach to go run to as soon as I get out of my bartending job.

A guy who looks too much Charlton Heston just walked in.

Before I finish I would like to give a brief movie review. Last night I went to go see The Village but ended up seeing Harold and Kumar go to White Castle instead. One would think that such a movie would be better suited for renting not shelling out 7 bucks for. Now that I have seen it I must say it was well worth it. I couldn't stop laughing, the things they go through are ridiculous yet you never get a sense that this would never happen. Its all tied together very neatly, you have to enjoy that in a stoner movie b/c it never happens. People who have seen The Village have told me its not that great, the ending makes up for it, its dumb and so on. I don't feel any of those things about my two new smoking buddies Harold and Kumar. If you want to laugh its a must see.

I should mention today is my father's 55 birthday. I think it worked out nicely that we were able to share milestone birthdays in the same year. I got him a book, which isn't much in most circles but what its got inside is really important. The book is called For The New Intellectual by Ayn Rand, its a philosophy book so don't read it if you're looking for a fun time.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates