sábado, agosto 14

Purdue

The clock is creeping past 4 a.m. and I'm driving home, getting real close to being done driving for the day. So I'm listening to Dredg passing 107th on 8th street and I get to one of those idiotic lights between 107 th and the turnpike that connects Sweetwater to the rest of civilization. I only mention that about Sweetwater b/c it is a town that was established by ex-carnies, carnies being people who work in carnivals, if you don't believe me ask my mother. Anyways I'm stopped at one of these lights and I'm trying to get the attention of the girl in the Navigator next to me. No, this isn't some last ditch effort to secure some ass before I call it a night, she only had her emergency lights on and I wanted to tell her in case she didn't know.

Well, she's not having any of it. She's doing her best to look straight ahead and floors it once the light turns green I try to keep up but figure its not worth it especially at this time at night. I keep driving down 8th street passing the turnpike and I begin to notice a car is flashing their headlights at me, following closely as I speed down the street. The car keeps flashing its lights as I'm pulling away and gets into the turning lane at 132nd as if to follow me off the main street.

I turn and wait for this Saturn to catch up so I can see what the big deal is that this guy has to delay my arrival to slumberland. He pulls up next to me, and after all the trouble he's gone through and is probably now going out of his way to follow me comes up with this whopper of a question, which he repeats a few times as I fail to see the importance of lowering me radio, "Do you think your a bad ass?".

That's what he asks. I was being followed and annoyed all this time to be give a survey on my appropriation of self worth. My response is "what are you talking about?" All this genius of diplomacy can say is the same question a few more times and then go on about how I was driving fast and switching lanes. Sure I could have interjected here and explained to him that everything he was mentioning was part of the driving process but I chose to stare at him as he went on to tell me how he could have been a cop, and then what would I have done.

My only response to this guy was, "but you're not." Which I followed by shifting into 1st and driving away. I could see his mouth still moving as I drove off. He punctuated his civilian driving citation by speeding past me, cutting me off and then stopping short so he could make a turn.

I'm home now, obviously safe and removed from the whole ordeal but I'm still left wondering what was wrong with this guy. God is testing me apparently, hopefully he'll send more tactful messengers next time.

Speaking about God I want to mention the fact that Hurricane Charley happened to make the weirdest shift to the right which caused it to miss Tampa. The hand of God played a major force in my weekend. I was supposed to go to Punta Gorda today, yet somehow this obscure place that has never been mentioned in any national news was hit directly and hardest by the hurricane. Something is keeping me away from Punta Gorda, now I'm more determined than ever to go there.

Word of advice, I seem to have highly strange/unfortunate things happening around me, so I seem to be emitting bad joojoo, everyone might be better staying away from me. Let's hope it wears off before my trip to New York, I don't want that city to get destroyed too before I get there.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates