jueves, agosto 26

Ketchup

A week has come and gone since I last posted here. In the meantime I've spent some hours on the beach here in Miami and flew up to New York to party my ass off for five days. Also taking some moments to do some much needed shopping to bolster the wardrobe. Yes, New York is expensive, its true, but there are definitely good deals to be had and not only in Chinatown.

I would like to mention before I start that I am totally unprepared to deal with 90+ degree temperatures, but I seem to live at the mouth of Hell. Their should be a law that if the temperature reaches over 90 degrees any day in September we should all be allowed to walk around naked. And also be provided with areas to freshen up before entering buildings. I haven't thought of any specifics for these 'stations', someone needs to get on that though.

I'm going to have to spend sometime back-logging as much as I can. I'll try to spend more time on what the pictures don't cover. The photos are little less than half loaded onto the net, I'll link them at the end, even though they're going to be updated tonight. School has started, yes it deserves its own post, but I'll wait till I have something to be ticked off about before entering that one.

I arrived to New York on Thursday night on the same flight as my friend Ryan and walked over to the other terminal to meet up with my other two friends that came on the trip but on a different flight, Brian and Frank. I felt bad for Ryan, he had to carry his bag on his neck, apparently he hasn't upgraded to a luggage piece that has wheels on it. He didn't complain too much though, kudos. From the airport we went straight to my sister's place where we went through the intros and all that and then walked a few blocks down to this French restaurant that stays open 24hours. Fantastic right, but let me get this out of the way now so living in Miami feels better, no one can sell alcohol past 4am by law. But it wasn't 4 in the morning yet so we all had different types of Belgian beers, since the French can't make beer. I had a Duvel myself, quite tasty, Frank's beer tasted the best though, Brian had something that tasted like carbonated Hi-C.

My sister took us down to Union Square, which was just a few more blocks down. There is a bar in the park that is open only in the summer but it closed before we got there, since it must've been past 2 or close to it at this point. We walked with my sister back and then headed back out not knowing exactly where we were going. We walked down Broadway past the park, only ran into a couple gay clubs, found an Neo-Irish pub with the help of two young ladies and proceeded to get our drink on in there. The place was nice, but the crowd was thinning before we even showed up. The best part is that they let us sit there for as long as we wanted and the one bartender left showed no attitude about us being the only ones left to serve. Nice change from back home. After the bar we walked back to the park and stared at Skateboarders for a bit and ventured over to this place called Coffeeshop, also open 24hrs. My sister had mentioned that all the waitresses were part time models there so we thought it would be a great place to finish our first night. Here is where we find out that alcohol isn't served past 4.

It took a while to get over this fact and we pondered drinking in the park, but we all thought it was better to not get arrested this early into the trip. The next day would be rough so we headed back to bed. All together a slow night but at least we got to see a little bit and were able to get adjusted to New York nightlife, if just a shade.

I have to go to class now, I take back what I said about the link for the photos.

The sky is blue and so are my shoes.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates