domingo, agosto 1

Just a lonely summer

Looking towards this weekend I expected to have a good time, but I say that with confidence now b/c I went through it. More importantly it was good. Sundays are great for reflection.

Back on Thursdays things weren't looking so bright, I felt closer to a sense of doom, but it doesn't take much to get messed up and I rather be a ghost and let things pass through me.

I can even say that the news was telling good things, or at least I was only hearing about the good things. Everything on the news is petty so I'll take the trades made by the baseball team as being the best thing that happened down here.

Went to a party at my friends place. Hadn't been to his new place yet, and came away quite impressed. Even more impressing was the prospect of having 5 females move in to the other part of the house. That location just moved up the list of prime joints. Yes, for that reason alone. Either way its a cool place and not in a bad location. I have an idea of where I'd want to live if I have to stay any longer in this God forsaken city.

Tracking back now, the party was great, and only b/c we left the party if it makes any sense. Some people came that I had no idea who they were, they end up working with one of the guys living in the house. Know you have little factions each doing their own thing under the umbrella of keg beer. Some left to the bars in the grove, which always seems inevitable. The ones that stayed back buckled down and began finding ways to get the alcohol down in the fastest and largest amounts possible. This went on for about an hour then one of the guys who works with my friend pulls out some harder liquor and starts getting everyone revved up.

There was this one guy, a Puerto Rican, that was louder than the rest. As soon as I met him he began talking about a party upstate he had been where kegs ran in abundance and women rubbed their tits on blocks of ice as shots were poured down the ice through their cleavage into some extremely fortunate fellow's mouth. Yes, maybe a pointless story, but I, focusing on the important part, realized that I had just found out of the best possible way to take a shot. Whenever something moves up to any list it automatically makes it a red letter day.

So everyone is nice sloshed from the pace we've been going at so now the Puerto Rican says let's go to this club downtown. I don't remember thinking about whether I wanted to go I only recollect knowing I was going and getting in a car. I end up at one of the most energetic, incredibly loud, bar underneath a tree that is all lit up. Women everywhere, live band blaring out salsa y merengue, basically forcing women and men to shake their ass alike. All this under a tree on the edge of the water, snuck into a little slot of downtown. Highways, buildings, metro-rail lines, stars and the sky above gave the place of sense that everything outside wouldn't ever find out.

I'm getting drinks handed to me and told we'll be leaving soon. Sad, yes but, definitely now in the memory bank and I know that I can go there with someone else and make their night like it had made the time I was there so memorable.

Headed to the grove to hit some more bars, little did we realize it was only 3:30 and some bars (read: most) were closed, either way we stumble along and see this girl who we knew b/c she was with a friend of ours earlier when he stopped by the party. She spots us and starts asking us if we know where he is like if she was some small child, lost, looking for its mother. Kind've sad, really pathetic. He appears down across the street from some alley, and barrels down towards us across the street and runs into one of the members of our group, knocks his head into the Puerto Rican, who he doesn't know at all, and causes the Puerto Ricans nose to begin to bleed pretty bad. The guy has blood all over his face and the assailant begins to ask for napkins from the one place that has its door closed, totally ignoring the other three establishments next to it completely open.

That disaster only ran us over to the pizza stand as half our group began to shut down for the night. We ate and all that jazz the Puerto Rican, bald as ever, is asking young girls for their numbers, seemingly offering pizza in return. Amazing this tactic works, b/c he got her number and it was the real one, crucial.

From here we left to drop off what I thought was 'us' to the house we started from but I soon learned we only dropping 'them' off. Seems like I was going for the rest of the ride. We were off once again now just me and some Puerto Rican dude I had met perhaps 3 hours before. Now it was over to the beach to go to some clubs that never close. Even more energy, women, and flashing lights than before, it appeared the night was never going to end. After a while there I finally made it back to where I could fall asleep. The day was way longer than I had ever prepared myself for, and even better yet, more than I should have put myself through. I still had the music festival to go to the next day.

That was Friday, today is Sunday, and my bones are aching from Saturday still, a lot mind you. Things only got better form here. I'll have to write Saturday in another post.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates