jueves, agosto 12

Charlie Tuna

It is now officially my favorite time of the year. No not Christmas, not my birthday, not festivus, but officially Hurricane-is-on-its-way day. You never know when exactly one will pop up in the blessed season but when they do you hold onto it like if it was your patio furniture being blown away by updrafts. But that's what you have a pool for, so you can throw your patio furniture in it, but I digress.

Its probably not going to hit, actually I can almost guarantee that nothing serious is going to happen but we'll all act like the end of the world is coming, which is completely reasonable if you think about it. The end of the world will only happen once, right? So why should we deprive ourselves the experience, if we can simulate it many times over won't we know how to enjoy the real thing when it happens? I think so, that's why I always have my looting boots ready to go by mid July.

Either way all this means in real world terms is that less people will be at the grove tonight if it starts raining even a little. If it doesn't rain, as usually happens right before a storm, even more people will be out at the bars than usual b/c they probably don't have to go to work tomorrow. I will probably of those. Its great how some things in nature give you this little buffer zone to either be the grasshopper or the ant.

I'm referring to the fable everyone is told about how the ant prepared for winter and the grasshopper ate shit, then he paid for it when he froze over and had to sell his legs to a rollie pollie that was starting some progressive-new age band that had chirps as a main theme.

So I get to be the grasshopper and go nuts all night, then wake up to a gloomy day where clouds always seem to form the phrase "GO BACK TO BED" in the sky. Nothing like getting over a hangover while a hurricane hits, everyone should try it. Should be on one of those 'things to do before you die- All out party as natural disasters await imminently.

By not having to go to work tomorrow this means that today is the last day of my internship, unofficially, seeing as how my evaluation was meant for Friday. I should have more to say on the fact that I've spent 12 weeks at this job but I have found that this experience on the surface was like most other jobs in that you have to try hard to stay motivated and there are constantly things going on that can annoy you if you let them. I'm happy I did it, no regrets, only thanks that I was able to do it.

I'm feeling woozy. Word of the day = woozy.



Publicar un comentario
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates